On 2 July 2012 22:11, klo uo wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:
>>> ANNOUNCING
>>>
>>>                  eGenix PyRun - One file Python Runtime
>>>
>>>                              Version 1.0.0
>>>

>>>           An easy-to-use single file relocatable Python run-time -
>>>             available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms
>
> Quote from http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/:
>
>     Windows (x86 - 32/64-bit): eGenix PyRun does not support Windows
> in the current release.
>

> Otherwise seems like interesting for those who need/want to
> demonstrate some Python approach, in non-Pythonic environment (I don't
> know of such environment except default Windows).
>
> I've heard about Portable Python, has anyone any experience with it,
> or what's the difference between it and PyRun, in regards of possible
> NumPy usage?

I have used PortablePython without any problem on Windows, combining
wxPython, numpy, matplotlib and other stuff in more than one
application. I can't comment on numpy speed or benchmarks, as I
couldn't care less about that. But PP gave me a way to use Python (and
a lot of 3rd party libraries) in an armour-plated Windows environment
where every installation is forbidden.

Andrea.

http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/