Hi,

Is it possible to get access to versions of ufuncs like sin and cos but
compiled with the -ffast-math compiler switch?

I recently noticed that my weave.inline code was much faster for some fairly
simple operations than my pure numpy code, and realised after some fiddling
around that it was due to using this switch. The speed difference was
enormous in my test example. I checked the difference in accuracy and over
the range of values I'm interested in the errors are not really significant.

If there's currently no way of using these faster versions of these
functions in numpy, maybe it would be worth adding as a feature for future
versions?

Thanks,

Dan Goodman