On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla.mol...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Ralf Gommers <ralf.gomm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd be interested to hear if those work well for you. For people that
> just
> > want to get things working, I would recommend to use the gfortran
> > installers recommended at
> > <a
> > href="
> http://scipy.org/scipylib/building/macosx.html#compilers-c-c-fortran-cython
> .">
> http://scipy.org/scipylib/building/macosx.html#compilers-c-c-fortran-cython
> .</a>
> > Those work for sure, and alternatives have usually proven to be
> problematic
> > in the past.
>
> No problems thus far, but I only installed it yesterday. :-)

Sounds good. Let's give it a bit more time, once you've given it a good
workout we can add that those gfortran 4.8.x compilers seem to work fine to
the scipy build instructions.

I am not sure gcc-4.2 is needed anymore. Apple has retired it as platform C
> compiler on OS X. We need a Fortran compiler that can be used together with
> clang as C compiler.

Clang together with gfortran 4.2 works fine on OS X 10.9.

Ralf