Hi All,

I'd like some feedback for the position of the `strict` and `out` arguments
for masked arrays. See gh-6653 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/6653>
for the PR in question.

Current status without #6652

   1. ma.dot(a, b, strict=False) -- established
   2. a.dot(b, out=None) -- new in 1.10

Note that 1. requires adding `out` to the end for backward compatibility.
OTOH, 2. is new(ish). We can either keep it compatible with ndarray.dot and
add `strict` to the end and have it incompatible with 1., or, slightly
changing it in 1.10.2, make it compatible with with 1. but incompatible
with ndarray. We will face the same sort of problem with adding newer
ndarray arguments other existing ma functions that have their own
specialized arguments, so having a policy up front will be helpful. My own
inclination here is to keep 1. and 2. compatible, and then perhaps at some
point following a future warning, make both `strict` and `out` keyword
arguments only. Another possiblitly is to make that transition immediate
for the method.

Thoughts?

Chuck