On Di, 2015-11-10 at 10:24 -0500, Benjamin Root wrote:
> Just pointing out np.loadtxt(..., ndmin=2) will always return a 2D
> array. Notice that without that option, the result is effectively
> squeezed. So if you don't specify that option, and you load up a CSV
> file with only one row, you will get a very differently shaped array
> than if you load up a CSV file with two rows.

Oh, well I personally think that default squeeze is an abomination :).

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that it is two different possible
logics, and we have to pick one.
I have a slight preference for the indexing/array-like interpretation,
but I am aware that from a usage point of view the sequence one is
likely better.
I could throw in another option: Throw an explicit error instead of the
general.

Anyway, I *really* do not have an opinion about what is better.

Array-like would only suggest that you also accept buffer interface
objects or array_interface stuff. Which in this case is really
unnecessary I think.

- Sebastian