Hi all,

should we try to set FutureWarnings to errors in dev tests? I am
seriously annoyed by FutureWarnings getting lost all over for two
reasons. First, it is hard to impossible to find even our own errors
for our own FutureWarning changes. Secondly, we currently would not
even see any Futurewarnings from someone else. For numpy that may not
be a big issue, but still.

So, I was starting to try it, and it is annoying obviously. The only
serious issue, though, seems actually MA [1].
Sometimes one would add a filter for a whole test file (for my start I
did this for the NaT stuff) [2].

Anyway, should we attempt to do this? I admit that trying to make it
work, even *with* the change FutureWarnings suddenly pop up when you
make the warnings being given less often (I will guess that warning was
already issued at import time somewhere).

- Sebastian

[1] And at that a brand new future warning there, which seems too
agressive in any case, though that won't change much.

[2] One annoying thing about this, the filter might never be removed.
One could add a canary maybe to error out when the filter is not needed
anymore.