On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Eric Firing <efir...@hawaii.edu> wrote:
> On 2016/07/06 8:25 AM, Benjamin Root wrote:
>>
>> I wouldn't have the keyword be "where", as that collides with the notion
>> of "where" elsewhere in numpy.
>

> Agreed.  Maybe "side"?

I have tentatively changed it to "pos". The reason that I don't like
"side" is that it implies only a subset of the possible ways that that
the position of the new dimensions can be specified. The current
implementation only puts things on one side or the other, but I have
considered also allowing an array of indices at which to place new
dimensions, and/or a dictionary keyed by the starting ndims. I do not
think "side" would be appropriate for these extended cases, even if
they are very unlikely to ever materialize.

    -Joe