Hi there,

While building the latest scipy on top of numpy 1.11.3, I have noticed
crashes while running the scipy test suite, in scipy.special (e.g. in
scipy.special hyp0f1 test).. This only happens on windows for python 3.5
(where we use MSVC 2015 compiler).

Applying some violence to distutils, I re-built numpy/scipy with debug
symbols, and the debugger claims that crashes happen inside scipy.special
ufunc cython code, when calling clog or csqrt. I first suspected a compiler
bug, but disabling those functions in numpy, to force using our own
versions in npymath, made the problem go away.

I am a bit suspicious about the whole thing as neither conda's or gholke's
wheel crashed. Has anybody else encountered this ?

David