Hi Nick,

2006/5/22, Nick Rosier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
do you know the cause of these errors?
usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd newhidups rqt 128 rq 6 len
255 ret -110
usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd newhidups rqt 161 rq 1 len
8 ret -110

These messages "pollute" my messages-files; is this hardware/software?
A problem with the USB-interface of the MGE-UPS?
I'm running 2.0.3 with the fix for this bug and it's been running
flawlessly with the exception of all these messages.

the -110 error is a timeout.
what are your kernel and libusb versions? What the frequency of these messages?

I've not seen that kind of msg for long, but it was generally due to a
temporary "deny of service" from the UPS, ie it's currently running a
self test while the driver request the complete data tree...

Arnaud