Citeren Kevin <bakd...@gmail.com>:

I have been using usb APC units (CS 500 and SmartUPS 1000) with nut for some 6
years. I got this to work after extensive trawling of the net and found a fix
involving changing the source and recompiling usbhid-ups (or hidups as it used
to be).

It's sad that you never submitted these changes back to NUT, so that other people might benefit from them.

Now the bad news. Although I am still using the recompiled version of hidups and
(64 bit) usbhid-ups, I have stupidly lost the source and my notes. :-(  Is it
any use to you to have the executables?

No.

This has been driving me nuts for the last week, as I now have another CS 500 to
install, and only a 5 year old version of hidups to do it with!

Have you tried the latest version (nut-2.6.0) that was released only a couple of days ago? Chances are that it might just work, since we have seen reports about people running the CS 500 in recent years.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)