Citeren Charles Lepple <clep...@gmail.com>:

in the current version of cps-hid.c, it looks like FullChargeCapacity, DesignCapacity and CapacityMode are unmapped.

This is intentional. The capacity mode determines the units in which FullChargeCapacity and DesignCapacity will be reported. Generally, this will be '2' so values are reported in percent (%). In many cases they will read 100% at all times (I have yet to find a UPS where the FullChargeCapacity drops with aging batteries).

Or, it could be that the firmware designers confused the RemainingCapacity value with AbsoluteStateOfCharge, which is allowed to be greater than 100%. (Pages 36-38 of the PDC spec.)

That could also be the case. Given the fact that this is a highly loaded UPS (56%), it wouldn't be strange that you would need more than 81% charge left if you set the low battery level to a runtime remaining of 300 seconds.

Are two "-D" flags sufficient to see the report descriptor information and relevant reports?

With just two '-D' flags, you'll get a dump of all HID paths that are supported by the UPS. We need three '-D' flags however to see the raw report descriptor, which I would like to archive for future use.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)