On Jul 29, 2014, at 8:31 AM, Michael Wagener (Amoebasys)
<micha...@amoebasys.biz> wrote:

> I would like to be able to issue a shotgun command to my VM boxes, etc.,
> simultaneously, as the UPS run-time will then probably be sufficient.

As Philippe mentioned, hosts running upsmon all get the shutdown signal
simultaneously. In the NUT documentation, the machine with the UPS is the
master, and all of the other systems are slaves. In your case, if one of the
slave VMs wedges itself, you want the master to eventually time out, and shut
everything down. See 'HOSTSYNC' in upsmon.conf:

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsmon.conf.html

Also, if you find out any specifics on running NUT with XCP or XenServer,
please let us know. We don't have much documentation on virtual environments,
but it certainly is an area where NUT would fit well.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple@gmail