HI thanks for replying and helping.

I've now ran the UPS down a few times from full charge to test and I don't
think it's the batteries or a problem with the UPS itself. I can watch it
go from 100% right down to 1% over 20 minutes etc and then the power gets
so low that everything just powers off!

I think it's down to Nut not actually shutting down my server that is my
problem... The battery on the UPS seems to hold plenty long enough from a
full charge, giving lots of time for a shutdown. How can I get the shutdown
to occur early, say when the battery is 50% to play it safe and just test
and make sure that nut is even sending a command to shutdown and why it
isn't happening?

You'll have to excuse me as I've not used nut before, but I'm sure it's an
Ubuntu or nut config problem here and that the shutdown sequence isn't
happening and not my UPS...

Thanks once again for any help to get this working. It would be fantastic
if it would just shutdown early on LOWBATT rather than waiting until the
very last minute and me not knowing it's going to make it or the shutdown
not evening happening!