Doug Cutting wrote:
http://incredibill.blogspot.com/2006/06/how-much-nutch-is-too-much-nutch.html

well, I think incrediBILL has an argument, that people might really start excluding bots from their servers if it's becoming too much. What might help is that incrediBILL would offer an index of the site, which should be smaller than the site itself. I am not sure if there exists a "standard" for something like this. Basically the bot would ask the server if an index exists and where it is located and what the date it is from and then the bot decides to download the index
or otherwise starts crawling the site.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]