Hi there,

On 1/30/07 7:00 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I saw your name associated with the rss parser in nutch.  My understanding is
> that nutch is using feedparser.  I had two questions:
>
> 1.  Have you looked at vtd as an rss parser?

I haven't in fact; what are its benefits over those of commons-feedparser?

> 2.  Any view on asynchronous communication as the underlying protocol?  I do
> not believe that feedparser uses that at this point.

I'm not sure exactly what asynchronous communication when parsing rss feeds
affords you: what type of communications are you talking about above? Nutch
handles the communications layer for fetching content using a pluggable,
Protocol-based model. The only feature that Nutch's rss parser uses from the
underlying feedparser library is its object model and callback framework for
parsing RSS/Atom/Feed XML documents. When you mention asynchronous above,
are you talking about the protocol for fetching the different RSS documents?

Thanks!

Cheers,
  Chris