Thank you Mr. Teruhiko Kurosaka,

I was able to locate the th.ngp file in nutch-0.8-dev distrib.

I was able to compile the disstrib. When I ran the crawl - I'm not sure it
picked up the
language identifier. I added

 <implementation id="org.apache.nutch.analysis.th.ThaiAnalyzer"
class="org.apache.nutch.analysis.th.ThaiAnalyzer" lang="th"/>

to languageidentifier/plugin.xml

Then I ran a crawl and got a stupid error. dedup ...

Dedup: adding indexes in: crawlnewpantip14nov2/indexes
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Job failed!
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:393)
        at
org.apache.nutch.indexer.DeleteDuplicates.dedup(DeleteDuplicates.java:432)
        at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:131)

Your help much appreciated.