Chris Mattmann wrote:
>> 2. You left some unneccessary comments on source, bug history is
>> allready in jira and commit logs
>
> I would disagree with this statement: no comment is "unnecessary". What if
> the users don't look into JIRA, or don't scan through the commit logs? The
> change that we just made was critical, though subtle, and a user could gloss
> over the fact that only non-null values get written now. BTW, I'm a fan of

That kind of information should go into proper place, javadocs for a
method or a class where it really is visible. I would not store history
information in java sources, there's all these tools for it that serve
that purpose better.

> more comments, rather than less ;)

Don't take me wrong I have no problem with comments if they serve a
purpose and are in proper place.

>> 4. Issue could have been iterated in jira a bit further so all these
>> could have been catched before a commit.
>
> This is true: however, I thought that the point of bringing in new people
> was to move forward on some of these critical issues that keep moving their
> way down the priority stack? The issues that you raise above (e.g.,
> whitespace v. tabs, and "unnecessary comments"), although relevant points,
> really had nothing to do with the fix itself. I wanted to get the fix into
> the sources before everyone went away for thanksgiving (at least here in the
> U.S.), so that users could pull it down sooner rather than later. Is this

IMO there's no point rushing into things - Nutch is there tomorrow also.

> not the correct policy? I'm a n00b, so I dunno ;)

we're all noobs

--
  Sami Siren