> It looks like we might want to at least give it a try then, with the worst
> possible case of Nutch users having to keep speculative execution disabled
> if it causes grief again. If other problems arise, then we can just revert
> back to 0.11.2 which seems to be stable in terms of all the Nutch
> operations.

I agree there may be subtle bugs.

I can do say a full dmoz crawl (~5M pages) with nutch trunk and hadoop
12.1 on a small cluster of 5 machines if this would help?  We have already
done some crawls > 100K urls with 11.2 without problems.  I say let's test
it and if there aren't any significant issues then let's go with 12.1 if
the hadoop team thinks it will be more stable.

One question though, are there any concerns about upgrading clusters as
opposed to new fetches?

Dennis Kubes