I do have language identifier enabled in the plugins,
i tried removing this item and get:

050424 175406 parsing:
/home2/mozdex/nutch/build/plugins/clustering-carrot2/plugin.xml
050424 175406 parsing:
/home2/mozdex/nutch/build/plugins/ontology/plugin.xml
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.nutch.indexer.IndexSegment.indexPages(IndexSegment.java:145)
        at
org.apache.nutch.indexer.IndexSegment.main(IndexSegment.java:254)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.nutch.indexer.IndexingFilter not found.
        at
org.apache.nutch.indexer.IndexingFilters.<clinit>(IndexingFilters.java:36)
        ... 2 more
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [/home2/mozdex/nutch]#

It looks like when you generate a segment with a
plugin enabled you must have the plugin on for it to
process segment creation.

Can i re-run the segment through a fix or filter and
create an index on it? (or am i barking up the wrong
tree here?)