Nutch trunk requires java 6 because the current Hadoop version we are using requires java 5. We need to change the java requirement in the build.xml.

Dennis

schroedi wrote:
Yepp. Hands up - also the same - but only with the newest version (0.9)
the old version 0.8 seams to work

yanky young wrote:
Hi:

I have got the same error. And I installed jdk 1.6, then it works.

It seems a bit weird because I see the javac requirement in the build.xml is
1.5 but it broke.

I guess maybe hadoop jar was compiled in java 1.6 and class compatibility is
1.6 so you can't run it in java 1.5.

yanky