                        nativeCrawler = new
NativeCrawler("www.ajpm.com", "ajpm-index", 2, 5);
                        int maxHits = 1000;
                (*)     nutchBean = new NutchBean(
                                nativeCrawler.getConfig(),
nativeCrawler.getIndexPath());
                        nutchQuery = Query.parse("gold",
nativeCrawler.getConfig());
                        nutchHits =  nutchBean.search(nutchQuery,
maxHits);
                        nutchBean.close();
                        System.out.println("gold nutchHits: " +
nutchHits.getLength());
                }
                nutchQuery = null;
                nutchBean = null;
                System.out.println("credit nutchHits: " +
nutchHits.getLength());

Everytime I execute this (*) line a new thread is started and never
ends. At the end of this I have ten threads. This loop in real life
might execute 5000 times..
How does a person close off, shutdown a nutchBean object. I call close
when, and as soon as, I am done with it.

NutchCrawler is my code that basically points me to the nutch index
directory.

Thank you for the help
ray