Hi all,

Now that we have a first implementation of an XMPP API and component implementation, how about building even simpler components on top of that, with a REST interface for example?

Here are some initial thoughts and usage scenarios:

- A sender component, configured with two 'jid' and 'password' properties. To logon as j...@doe.com configure the 'jid' property. To send a message to j...@doe.com, POST the message string to /component-uri/j...@doe.com.

- A receiver service component, configured with two 'jid' and 'password' properties and a 'listener' reference. To logon as j...@doe.com configure the 'jid' property. The component receives messages sent to joe and POSTs them to the component wired to 'listener'.

- Or a sender-receiver service component that does both?

- And perhaps a logger component that logs messages and returns them on a GET?

I did something like that before in Tuscany C++ (just a sender and a sender-receiver) and that seemed to work. It shouldn't be too difficult to write Java or Python implementations of a similar REST scheme here, on top of what John has already contributed.

Thoughts?

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-cpp/trunk/components/chat/
--
Jean-Sebastien