My Adirondack expedition this past couple of days turned out to be fantastic
birding.  I got almost all my target birds which included many boreal
breeders.  The highlights of the trip were a Spruce Grouse with two young, a
female Black-backed woodpecker, and great views of Boreal chickadee,
Yellow-bellied flycatcher, Lincoln's sparrow, and Olive-sided Flycatcher.
Sadly I did miss a target bird: Gray Jay.  For some reason on this trip they
seemed to have eluded me.  Maybe next time perhaps?  Below is my trip list.  As
for pictures, I will be updated flickr with pics of the Grouse and BB
woodpecker.  Here is the link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pellegrinov/sets/72157605164969656/detail/

July 26, 2009 ~Massawepie Mire
Merlin- 3
Spruce Grouse- hen with two young
Alder flycatcher
Yellow-bellied flycatcher
Brown Creeper
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Cedar waxwing
Nashville warbler
Yellow warbler
Chestnut-sided warbler
Magnolia warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Field sparrow
Song sparrow
Lincoln's sparrow
White-throated sparrow

July 27, 2009 ~Powley-Piseco Road
Chimney swifts
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Yellow-bellied sapsucker
Olive-sided Flycatcher
Alder flycatcher
Brown creeper
Hermit thrush
Northern Parula
Magnolia warbler
Black-throated Blue warbler
Yellow-rumped warbler
Ovenbird
Canada warbler
Swamp sparrow
White-throated sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco

July 28, 2009 ~Bigelow Road
Black-backed woodpecker
Yellow-bellied flycatcher
Common Ravens
Black-capped Chickadees
Boreal chickadees- several in BC chickadee flock
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Golden-crowned Kinglets
Winter wren
Magnolia warbler
Black-throated Green warbler
Yellow-rumped warbler
Rose-breasted Grosbeak- female
Lincoln's sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Rusty Blackbird- a lone bird by the bog

July 26, 2009 ~Route 9
Wild Turkeys- small flock crossing road
July 27, 2009 ~Lake George
Osprey- hunting over the lake

Vinny Pellegrino
www.flickr.com/pellegrinov
East Northport, NY

"It just doesn't get any better than this"
-Jeff Corwin