The shorebird habitat northeast of Rt 77 and Griswold Rd (Niagara County)
remains excellent.  Today, I had about 10 each of Greater and Lesser
Yellowlegs, 2 Stilt Sandpipers, 2 Least Sandpipers, and 2 juvenile
Long-billed Dowitchers.  Note that I and others have gone here and found
almost no shorebirds so they must have somewhere else they go but I suspect
this is their favorite area.  The viewing/lighting in the afternoon is
fabulous and the birds are not far away if you walk along the dike.

Nearby, about 1/4 mile east of Griswold on Rt 77, on the south side of the
road, a large impoundment held many geese, ducks, coots, and a few Moorhens.
Eight CACKLING GEESE were the highlight but there were many Wigeon and
Coots, Pintail, Green-winged Teal, Blue-winged Teal (5-10), Gadwall, and
Shovelers.

Betsy and I also looked for the Ross's Goose reported by Doug Beattie
yesterday in the Town of Alexander, Genesee County.  Although we had
hundreds of geese, all we could identify were Canadas.  A PINE SISKIN with
Goldfinches flew over a field that contained several dozen AMERICAN PIPITS
on Peaviner Road.

Good birding!
Willie
Willie D'Anna