My Wife Danika and I, Don Gresens and Rich Guthrie observed the juvenile
SWAINSON's HAWK this morning.  My wife and I arrived around 8:50 am and
observed the bird until we left at 9:30 am.  The bird was sitting on the wires
along Rt. 9W across from the Sunocco Station, this is directly across and
adjacent to NYS Thruway Exit 21 B (Coxsackie) in the town of New Baltimore,
Greene County.

After awhile the bird flew to the signs by the traffic light that allows
traffic from the thruway to turn onto 9W (its a T intersection).  We were all
able to get some good photos of the bird.  Keep in mind there is a considerable
amount of truck traffic and regular traffic along 9W which goes by very fast.
Parking in the Sunocco Station is the safest way (or even along the shoulder
once you get passed the toll booths), but I don't recommend parking on 9W the
road just isn't wide or safe enough.  If you use the Gas Station parking lot,
be sure to stop in buy something and let the clerk know why you are there.  The
guy this morning was a friendly fellow, who even came out to photograph the
bird with his cell phone.

Its always a good day when you can get a Year/County/State/Life bird before
heading into work!

Will and Danika Raup

Albany, NY