Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:47:09 -0700
From: troubleinshangri...@yahoo.com
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Swainson's hawk dark or light morph?
To: nysbirds-l@cornell.edu

I just realized that the hawk looks more like a dark morph juvenile that a
light morph.  Do others agree?  it is
very dark on the undersides and has a fairly dark head.  The light morph
juvenile doesn't have these traits.  If it is that's even more of a find since
the dark morphs are very uncommon.

Andrew

Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Field Biologist & Eco-tour Leader
37 Tanglewylde Avenue
Bronxville, Westchester Co., New York 10708-3131
Phone: (914) 337-1229; Cell: (914) 886-5124; Fax: (914) 771-8036

"When the last individual of a race of living things breathes no more, another
heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again..." - William
Beebe, first Curator of Birds, Bronx Zoo

"Crikey! Have a look at that!" - Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter

"Just like the white winged dove sings a song, sounds like she's singing whoo,
baby...whoo...said whoo" - Stephanie L. Nicks, Edge of 17, Bella Donna