Hempstead Lake SP 7 May     The regulars were out birding this morning with
moderate results. A YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO was singing and the best of a dozen
plus warblers was a WILSON'S.  Otherwise lots of song from the resident
breeders. Next to---

Forest Park waterhole 7 May.   Although the morning was advanced, the activity
was much more than at Hempstead. Most of the birds in the upper canopy were
singing and obscured while the understory surrounding the waterhole was active.
Our interest was mainly in the warblers and they did not disappoint us  Fifteen
species were seen there, only missing the above Wilson's. Most came down to the
water and we had great looks at male BLACKBURN IAN, CAPE MAY, NASHVILLE,
BLUE-WINGED, BLACK-AND-WHITE, MAGNOLIA, BLACK-THROATED BLUE, and AMERICAN
REDSTART among others. A single NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH sang throughout, along
with the orioles, tanagers, etc. Except for a CRESTED FLYCATCHER at each
location and an EASTERN KINGBIRD at Hempstead, flycatchers were absent.

Not a large list or quantities of birds, but quality looks. A good day in the
field.
Sy Schiff