My property is surrounded by a Suffolk County preserve of about 30 plus
acres.  I heard Blue winged warbler briefly, a former breeder in these
woods; a persistent Yellow Warbler who  has not tired all these last  four
days of singing; an American Redstart, a usual visitor  during migration as
well a Black and White; and finally the " piece d' resistance"  a
Bay-Breasted Warbler.a first for my yard.   And the returning Catbird
continues to serenade from my Mock Orange bush daily, especially late in the

afternoon.  He will not be outdone. Oh yes,   the Spring Peepers were doing
their thing last night.

Diana Teta

Long Island, NY