I entered the park at 90th St and Central Park West around 8:40AM and walked south under the trees on the path between the running path and the Bridal Path. Birds were singing and flitting through those trees in impressive numbers. Not very far down, at about the level of 88th Street, I spotted, in a tree, a stunning male Mourning Warbler. He was moving pretty quickly, and I couldn't stay with him for very long, although I got superb looks at him. I continued wandering leisurely south, through the Pinetum, to Turtle Pond, and up to the Castle via Shakespeare Garden, where I heard a Swainson's Thrush singing repeatedly. I have rarely heard them sing in Central Park. From there, I headed to the Ramble, where I spent some time birding with Alice and Naomi Deutsch. On my way back to 90th Street, around 1PM, on the same path where I started, there were still quite a few warblers and vireos.

Birds I saw included:

Double-crested Cormorant
Great Egret (The Point)
Black-crowned Night-Heron (Oven)
Gadwall (2m, Reservoir)
Mallard
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker (Ramble)
Eastern Wood-Pewee (heard several)
Empidonax Flycatcher
Great Crested Flycatcher
Warbling Vireo (heard)
Red-eyed Vireo (many seen and heard)
Blue Jay
Swainson's Thrush (multiple, with at least one singing away in Shakespeare Garden)
American Robin
Gray Catbird
European Starling
Cedar Waxwing