Interesting that you saw a Turkey Vulture today. I thought I saw one
this afternoon (4ish) soaring over West SHore Rd near Pall Corp.
(that would be just on the other side of the harbor). I was driving
and it was rather impractical to grab the binocs. But I'm sure that
it was not a crow/raven or hawk.
Also - I am positive I've seen raven from a distance in that area
(NCMA). And I know I've heard calls that were NOT crow.
Have to get over and see that exhibit. And those grounds are a
terrific place to take a walk.
Best
Sue

On Jul 2, 2010, at 7:25 PM, Sy Schiff wrote:

> Nassau Co Museum of Art   2 July.
>
> As I got out of my car in the parking lot, a TURKEY VULTURE flew
> over followed by a calling COMMON RAVEN. The raven made a brief
> appearance and the vulture moved on.
>
> (The present exhibit consists of Sea and Landscapes--well worth
> seeing if your interested in that subject matter as I am since I
> like to paint landscapes).
>
> Sy Schiff

Susan Herbst
graphic design/illustration/photography