Rockland Lake SP; Hook  Mt.  28 October

Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) birded the Hawk Watch this morning in Summer like
weather. The two hours produced a dozen raptors of five species, 5 BLACK and 20
TURKEY VULTURES; but no Ravens. The foliage is lovely and just past peak on
top.  Nicer below..

We started and ended looking for the EURASIAN WIGEON.  The wigeon has relocated
from the small pond north of the north parking lot (last seen Tuesday by
locals). This morning  40 GADWALL were  in the pond. After coming down from the
top we revisited it without success. A chance remark directed us to the south
end of Rockland Lake (the south parking lot) where we FOUND THE  WIGEON in a
mixed flock of widely scattered puddle ducks.

Sy