Around sunrise the Common Ground Dove was spotted near the
green buoy feeding.  Further west at Jones Beach I did not see the Northern
Shrike around 8 AM.  In the median were American Goldfinches, Pine Siskins,
Red-breasted Nuthatches and at least 1 Sharp-shinned hawk.  At the Coast
Guard Station I spotted 1 White-winged Scoter, Brant, American
Oystercatchers and plenty of gulls of varying species.  Lake Orowoc in Islip
(next to the McDonalds) had 2 male Red-headed Ducks in addition to a small
flock of Ruddy Ducks.  A small group of Northern Shovelers were also seen in
Brightwaters just north of Montauk Highway.  Photos of many of the birds can
be seen here:
http://birdsoflongisland.blogspot.com/2010/11/american-goldfinches.html
--
- Luke, Flanders