There was a bit of a fall out this morning at Jones Beach West End. Not
overwhelming, but you didn't have to look hard for the next bird. Most notable
were Hooded, Wilson's, Tennessee, and Blackburnian Warblers. Most numerous were
Blackpoll, Magnolia, and Parula. I only noticed this when reviewing pictures.
One of the Parulas was missing an eye. It's made it a long way like that. Also
seen were a few diurnal migrants such as Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Eastern
Kingbird, Cedar Waxwing, and Bobolink. It's reassuring to find that a warm
front - fog combo can still produce on the beach in spring.

Considering the above, the Queens parks were disappointing in the afternoon
(although a very early morning check of Alley convinced me that there was
worthwhile migrant activity overnight). The saving grace at the Forest Park
waterhole was an incredibly accommodating Black-billed Cuckoo. It made three
visits over a two hour period, affording low, close, and open looks.

Steve Walter
Bayside, NY