Hi all,
A quick note - during a late morning/midday bird walk at Marshlands
Conservancy in Rye, NY today, we had the good fortune to find a
CACKLING GOOSE in a passing flock of 55 Canada Geese.  The flock was
moving west-southwest toward Mamaroneck, NY, last we saw it.

The other avian highlight of the walk was encountering two Eastern
Meadowlarks on the Marie's Neck side of the marsh (the southern most
portion of the marsh, for those unfamiliar with Marshlands'
locations).

In addition, a small raptor movement was in evidence, with 6
Sharp-shinned Hawks, 2 Cooper's Hawks, 1 Osprey, 1 Red-shouldered
Hawk, and 1 Bald Eagle passing during the 2-hour walk.

Non-avian highlights: a mantis sp. and several lepidopterans including
a beautiful Question Mark and several Mourning Cloaks among the last
gasp of Monarchs passing.
Good birding,
Andrew