Jones Beach. 18 Nov.

Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) parked at the Coast Guard Station. The DICKCISSEL
was in its usual spot in the House Sparrow flock..  There were only a few
shorebirds on the bar, but the far shore across the inlet was covered with
them, all too far to make out except for the Oystercatchers.

Very few land birds today.  In the median we found 2  late PINE WARBLERS, a FOX
SPARROW and a male fly over PURPLE FINCH. There were 100 SNOW BUNTINGS on the
West End 2 parking lot.

At least 100+ NORTHERN GANNET were fishing off of parking field #6.

(We missed the fly over BALD EAGLE seen and photographed from the median by
Paul Gildersleeve before we came)

Sy