It apparently needs to be pointed out to anyone searching for the Northern
Shrike that the grasslands at Floyd Bennett Field are a protected area.
Visitors are forbidden to walk across them. You can read about the Grassland
Restoration and Management Project here:

http://www.nycaudubon.org/projects/gramp/

There are several signs posted throughout the area stating such. The reason
that I am posting this note is because today I observed a photographer walking
back and forth across Field C looking for the shrike. When the shrike is
present it is easily viewed from the adjacent pavement. This inconsiderate
individual also risked chasing the bird away so that the other people present
who were searching from a safe distance would have had little chance of finding
it. The guy drives a dark Honda, license number CBK-6926. If you know this man,
please advise him that it would be in everyone's best interest if, in the
future, he behaved more responsibly.

I also posted a video of him at this link:

http://youtu.be/k2Ga1Pa1c9I

Good (and responsible) birding,

Rob