This is my first posting to the list, however I have been using it for some
time and I appreciate the helpful info on it.  I felt inclined to make my first
posting after a visiting Sunken Meadow State Park today around 13:00.  I took a
stroll on the promenade expecting to see some nice waterfowl, which there was
but nothing notable.  However I did observe an adult northern rough-winged
swallow coursing along the beach.  The bird made several passes around me and
was last seen heading towards the west along the beach.  I thought it was
unusual to see any swallow at this time of the year, even given the relatively
mild winter thus far.  I came home and reviewed ebird, which I have never used
before, and found that this species has not been reported on long island from
Dec.-Feb.  There are a handful of reports from the Philly area and one from
Conn.
Chase CammarotaBabylon, NY