After my post yesterday I received a report of two more dead Sooty Shearwaters
at Jones Beach

From: bounce-60672258-11471...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-60672258-11471...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Paul R Sweet
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:19 PM
To: nysbirds-l@cornell.edu
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Sooty Shearwater Mortality

While 3 birds does not constitute a mass mortality event, I have been contacted
today by two people with dead Sooty Shearwaters found on the beaches of the New
York Bight. One at Far Rockaway and one on Monmouth Beach NJ. This follows the
moribund bird mentioned by Chase from Robert Moses. Birders walking the beaches
please keep their eyes open for dead seabirds and contact me if you find
anything. If anyone is available to run out to Rockaway to pick up a bird for
me please contact me off list. Thanks, Paul

Paul Sweet
Collection Manager, Department of Ornithology
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY 10024, USA

T: 212 769 5780, C: 718 757 5941