This afternoon, I asked Mike Farina about the status of Oceanside Marine Nature Study Area. Below, is his reply.

Ardith Bondi

When I asked if I could post his note, he added:

You can also follow progress and updates at our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/MNSA1970

Hello Ardith,

MNSA will be closed until farther notice. Sandy hit our entire department very badly and we are far from the priority list. I will post when we will be rescheduling, accepting new appointments and open to the public..

At the MNSA many of our display cases and benches have been destroyed. Our building was flooded, and debris clogging the trails. We just got power back on this passed Tue to our office. The neighborhood is a mess too, with all furniture and housing debris from residents making the streets narrow.

Thank you for your cooperation and look forward to serving the community once again.

Michael Farina, CWB®
Conservation Biologist
Marine Nature Study Area
Dept. Conservation & Waterways