As of this morning (12/3), the Barnacle Goose was still there, and at
least 4 Canadas had yellow neck bands (didn't get the numbers). The
Horned Larks stopped by, as well.

Ardith Bondi

On 12/3/12 2:39 PM, Anders Peltomaa wrote:

Hi Ethan and all,
The Canada Goose with yellow neck collar is the same goose that was in
Inwood Hill Park when some of us saw the Barnacle Goose there (
November 11
to 15). I saw and photographed both birds on the twelfth and sent in a
report.

Here's part of the text in the automated confirmation email:

Marker_info: Neck collar: RY87 Black on Yellow
Species: Canada Goose
How obtained: Sight record: identified by color band, marked plumage or
marker other than standard, numbered metal band.
Status of Bird/Band: Alive - Unknown/Left On Bird
Remarks: Canada Goose with plastic yellow neck collar seen in a flock of
about 60 Canada Goose in which also one Barnacle Goose was present.
Seen in
Inwood Hill Park on upper Manhattan.
Date of recovery: Nov 12, 2012

I have not heard back from them about where the CANG was banded.

Anders Peltomaa
Manhattan
**

Barnacle Goose was still at the VCP Parade Grounds at 4:30pm yesterday,
staying somewhat removed from (to the north of) the main group of about
1,000 Canada Geese. Also of note was one Canada Goose with a yellow neck
band, code RY87. Didn't get a good enough look at it to see if it had any
leg or other metal bands. I entered a report of it on the USGS website (
reportband.gov) and perhaps a match will reveal something as to the
origins
of this flock (and maybe even the Barnacle Goose). Will post update if
the
data matches.

Ethan Goodman
NY, NY

__._,_.___

Reply to sender
<mailto:anders.pelto...@gmail.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bebirdsnyc%5D%20Barnacle%20Goose%20at%20Van%20Cortlandt%20park>

Reply to group
<mailto:ebirds...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bebirdsnyc%5D%20Barnacle%20Goose%20at%20Van%20Cortlandt%20park>

Start a New Topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ebirdsnyc/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdGhxcm0yBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMzM2MzUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTQ1NjM1NTk->

Messages in this topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ebirdsnyc/message/11505;_ylc=X3oDMTM3N2traGpvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMzM2MzUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRtc2dJZAMxMTUxMARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNTQ1NjM1NTkEdHBjSWQDMTE1MDU->

(3)

Recent Activity:

* New Members
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ebirdsnyc/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJnczVxdmw4BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMzM2MzUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycwRzdGltZQMxMzU0NTYzNTU5?o=6>

3

Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ebirdsnyc;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdWIzZzg2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMzM2MzUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzNTQ1NjM1NTk->

ebirdsnyc: bird sightings from the NYC area
Yahoo! Groups
<http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbzZuMG9pBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMzM2MzUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM1NDU2MzU1OQ-->

Switch to: Text-Only
<mailto:ebirdsnyc-traditio...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery