I spent a good 6 hours this morning working *Alley Pond Park* and while I
did get some Christmas Count goodies, the *Virginia Warbler* was a no
show.  Highlights from Alley included, *Golden-crowned Kinglet* (1), *Eastern
Towhee* (1), *Brown Thrasher* (1), *Hermit Thrush* (1) and the pair of *Great
Horned Owls*, thanks to Steve Schellenger.

Later at an area known as Alley and the LIE exchange AKA "secret warbler
spot" (no, I did not make up that name), I had another *Golden-crowned
Kinglet*, *Brown Thrasher*, *Eastern Towhee* and an *American Kestrel*.

Continuing, on my Queens CBC count week birding, I hit *Kissena Corridor*,
which was disappointingly quiet although I did manage 5 *Ring-necked
Pheasants* and one of the continuing *House Wren* (s), which allowed me to
pad my day list.

I wrapped up the day at *Baisley Pond Park*, where the highlight was a male
*Wood Duck*.  For those covering the area on the Queens CBC, there are *Redhead
Ducks* on the pond.

Good luck this weekend to all those participating in Christmas Counts.

Andrew Baksh
Queens, NY
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com