Rafael Campos found the VARIED THRUSH at the Ambergill Pool, in the Ravine.
Later,  about 30 minutes, I ventured over there and found the celebre thrush on
a dead log  next to a boulder  hidden by fallen dead tree brush, along the back
shore of the Ambergill Pool. This is the pool where birders watch from the
Esdale Bridge birds bathing in the creek that empties into the pool, just east
from the Picnic House. However in later afternoon, it was not relocated. Again
, my guess is that this bird explores the whole ridge, going up slope and out
of sight, maybe in its strange environment , its skulking more....

Other good birds to report are 5 WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS and our first EASTERN
PHOEBE for Prospect.

see my blog for details www.prospectsightings.blogspot.com and the google map.

Peter
BBC