After following the noise of the constantly calling MERLINS, I was easily able
to find their nest at the top of a White Pine across the street in the
neighbors yard.  Welcome to the neighborhood!!  Looks like it may be a long
summer for my feeder birds.  Just remember guys......the black birds with the
brown heads are VERY delicious!!

On the north side of my yard, I witnessed a pair of OSPREY battle for a perch
atop a dead snag, at one point locking talons and swinging wildly about
together before breaking off.  Not sure if this is part of their mating ritual,
but I did not see any copulation between these 2 birds.

On another note, it seems early to me, but I heard my first YELLOW-THROATED
VIREO of the season singing this morning while watching the Osprey.

Mickey Scilingo
Constantia
Oswego County, NY
mickey.scili...@gte.net