I went  east on dune road, and although there were a  number of shore birds
at the Tiana "bay side" sandy  beach, the  numbers and varieties of shore
birds and terns  were down. Perhaps  because  I saw some people using fishing
nets there to catch  bait, and  also a sailboat group pulled in to the
beach,(which is a good " pull in" sandy  beach to explore and  rest.)

The royal terns and the black skimmers were still there in  lesser numbers
but shore birds and terns were not in the   numbers and variety as
previously.( I would recommend going there early in  the morning to avoid beach
goers.)

On the plus side, I went to Ponquogue  Bridge,  where on the shore on the
east side of the parking lot I saw  an Avocet  at 5 PM right on the edge of
the shore.  I took some fairly decent pictures, if anyone would  like me to
send them via E Mail.

Andy Murphy