Some photos of the probable Manx Shearwater observed by Walter Joseph on
the Hudson River in the Newburgh area on August 7th have been uploaded to
Flickr (link below).

If you are a newbie to Flickr, as we were, you'll want to know that after
selecting a photo you can right-click on it, choose "original", and view
the photo greatly enlarged with relatively little loss of resolution. In
some cases you may have to use the scroll bar at the bottom of your screen
to bring the bird back into the frame.

Because this bird was located right in the middle of the river, it's
unclear which county it technically was in and we're leaving it up to
NYSARC to make that determination.

http://flic.kr/ps/2wpKT9

Susan Joseph
Rhinebeck, Dutchess County, NY