Hi Everyone,

I was at Mill Pond, Wantagh, Massapequa Lake and Preserve today.  Most
notable sighting was a hybrid wigeon at the Massapequa Preserve at the pond
by Pittsburgh Ave. (around 4pm)  I believe this is the same one I saw there
last year with 3 Eurasian Wigeon.  The female Eurasian previously seen
there early this November was new to me - only saw drakes and the hybrid
last year.  Also present were Hooded Mergansers, American Wigeon, Gadwall,
White Throated and Song Sparrows, Goldfinches, Carolina Wrens and a
sharp-shinned hawk.  I'll post pics on my blog
longislandbirding.blogspot.com later this evening.

Good birding,
Rob