I was surprised to observe a pair of common ravens at the Babylon train station
this morning. One bird vocalized in a decidedly non-crow like way, which
initially drew my attention, as crows are frequent there. Both birds perched
atop a high telephone pole before heading west over the RR tracks. Wedged tail,
shaggy appearance and large beaks well seen, first ones I've seen in Babylon
this year after seeing several here last year.

Also 1st winter wren of the season heard yesterday in Southards Pond area a
couple hundred yards in from the Park Avenue basketball courts.

Thanks,
Tim Dunn
Babylon, NY
Sent from my iPhone