A snowy owl was foundĀ at Edith Read at approximately 10:30 AM. I viewed the
bird with Tom Burke from the orange tape at the overlook over the beach on the
sound side. Take the path from the parking lot through the bamboo to the
overlook.
Check in with the office to get updates on the bird and where to view it
without disturbing it.
I was hesitant to post this because of all of the drama with people disturbing
these beautiful owls. I am only posting it because of the Snowy Owl at PiermontĀ
 years back. I was a young guy when I saw that bird. It got me into birding. I
am posting this owl in hopes it could possibly create some birders like the
snowy owl that got me into birding at Piermont. Please do not disturb the bird.
Kyle Bardwell