Jeff Glassberg just called and asked me to post that he and Jane Scott just
observed a large tern flying west from Oceanside Park.
To quote Jeff, "It looked like nothing I have seen before."

They were as far south as they could be in the park overlooking the marsh.
Anyone in the area should investigate areas to the west. One area that
comes to mind is the warm water outflow from the power plant that crosses
Long Beach Rd just north of the intersection of Austin Blvd.
If the bird flies south into Reynolds Channel it would hit the barrier
island near Lido Beach.
Hopefully more information will come, but I wanted to get the word out
quickly.

Cheers,

Sean Sime
Brooklyn, NY