An impromptu run out to the east end today.  At Shinnecock Inlet, one immature
Glaucous Gull was seen moving between both jetties. A Great Cormorant was on
the tower at the end of the jetty, the Common Eider flock was just west of the
inlet, and several Long-tailed Ducks were in and out of the inlet.

A Red-necked Grebe was in the bay just inside and west of the inlet, but that
bird flew east while I was observing it. 4 Boat-tailed Grackles were in the
parking area of the old Ponquogue Bridge.

At Deep Hollow on the south side, five Snow Geese were there but flew around
noon. The Ross's Goose was seen with a group of five Canada's. I didn't see the
Cackling but didn't work through each goose as the rain picked up.

Reaching Montauk Point just in time for the steady rain, the large seaduck
flock featured Common Eider, Red-breasted Mergs and all three scoters, with the
vast majority being Black.

At Montauk Harbor, a young/darker Snowy Owl was present. Curiously, one male
and one female Ring-necked Pheasant were freshly road killed about 100 yards
apart from each other on East Lake Drive by Little Reed Pond.

Thanks,
Tim Dunn
Babylon NY
Sent from my iPhone